Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Upfront Chloe ELA


Upfront
          
  I recently read an article called, “Crossing the Racial Divide.” It was a wonderful article about a white couple that lived in the country with a nice house. They decided to move into a poor town with black people for a month. In the shack where they lived they stayed, they had no electricity or running water. They even brought other family members. They brought the very minimum. Such as a couple of mattresses.
            I found this very inspiring for many reasons. For starters, I found it incredible that this happy couple took time out of their normal lives just to see how these blacks lived. It was very brave. Lots of people agree with me, while others didn’t greet the idea as warmly as I did. Some people posted hatred on twitter.
            What I didn't understand about the article is why people were not so supportive of the idea that this white couple were doing this. They weren't being mean their black neighbors. But now I realize that maybe they just aren't ready for change like I am. They think of it as something that isn't supposed to happen. 
                                                                                                                                                                   The couple thought of this as a changing experience. Witch makes me think about doing it someday. It will open up ideas for me. But it takes a level of confidence and braveness to conquer the quest of “Crossing the Racial Divide.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment