Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Chloe Of mice and men

*spoiler* I just finished reading an excellent book known as, "Of Mice and Men." It was an amazing book. It had me so interested. It was only 109 pages but the context was so thick and it was so beautifully written it felt like 1000. It was a dark book but I was hooked. I often find older books less interesting but this book is a #1 read.

To begin, one of the reasons this book so amazing is the imagery world the author puts into the readers head. I looked out of my window and I pictured the ranch with the men.  I imagined poor Lenny in the barn, horses worked up and feet stomping, lying next to a fragile puppy, dead. I could see the men in the bunkhouse crystal clear. I, for one love imagery. It makes me search for ideas and helps me set the mood.

The second reason I was mesmerized by this book is the twist of events at the end. I never expected George to kill Lenny! I gasped out loud. I thought about how deep this is. Now that George killed Lenny with his own two hands he will never be the same. I mean, they were like brothers! But he had to do it.  If he didn't do it the rest of the boys that lived there would.

What truly enchanted me was how Candy actually went through the same thing. His dog was killed and there was nothing he could do about it. It was a sad ending, but without this ending it wouldn't leave me thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment