Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Character Change

*spoilers.* This blog post is about some notes I took on my book, "Watership Down." I like it, but it's REALLY slow moving. There are lots of unnecessary descriptions, and lots of scenes with no conflict. The characters all have clear wants. I can state automatically that they want to live in a happy warren. But with no conflict, its hard to keep your attention. This might just be me, sense I'm more of a, "Hunger Games," kind of girl. It's hard for me to withstand books that are irritatingly descriptive. But I can handle, "Of Mice and Men."I actually loved that one. But in my opinion, this book tends to be EXTREMELY slow moving. But I do like the book. It's about a warren of bunnies that are happy until one bunny named Fiver senses a bad thing that's to happen. His sister trusts him and a couple friends go on an adventure to find a warren. First they find a warren, but there are lots of bunnies there. Life seems ok, how evert hey soon discover it's all a snare! So they set off to find a new one. They finally find one, and they also find Caption Holly of their old warren half dead. She explains that men with poisonous gas invaded their old warren, and that the gas made everyone crazy. They began killing each other, but Holly escaped. They want to make a new warren, but they didn't bring any doe's. So now they are off to find does.  

No comments:

Post a Comment