Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Book Report on UpFront Magazine

After reading the article, "Hide the Nachos,"I found it interesting that a lot of people gain weight due to football. It is the least likely thing to gain weight from, you may think. But when you are going to watch the big game with a couple of friends, I bet the first thing you do is order KFC or Pizza Hut and go snacking while your booing, or cheering your team on. This article made me think about weight gain and ways to prevent it. According to the article, a researcher stated, "When people feel their identity is threatened, they compensate by eating indulgent food." He says. "No one ate broccoli after a defeat." I plan to do more research on this topic of habits of eating. Simple things, from movie snacking to skipping out on a meal and overeating after. My mom is a health coach, so I am slightly educated.

No comments:

Post a Comment